Gas Safety Week 2015 – Millions at risk from poor gas appliances #GSW15


Gas Safety Week 2015
Gas Safety Week 2015
This Gas Safety Week, more than 5.5 million people in the UK are putting their health at risk by not getting their gas appliances safety checked every year. In the last year there have been more than 67,000 gas emergency call outs to homes in the UK and, if left unchecked, gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.

Jade Ullrich and her partner know all too much about the dangers of unchecked gas appliances. They moved into a Newquay property with their five year old son and, not long after moving in, Jade discovered she was pregnant with her second child. She quickly started feeling unwell, experiencing headaches, tiredness and extreme nausea. Jade’s parents came to stay at the property and smelt gas. An emergency gas engineer was called out who condemned the boiler as ‘immediately dangerous’ and switched it off. The boiler had not been serviced for 18 months and was found to be producing high levels of carbon monoxide.

Jade is supporting Gas Safe Register’s call to homeowners to protect themselves and their property by having a gas safety check, which costs as little as £60. Watch our video explaining the dangers of not having an annual gas safety check and what steps you should take to ensure your home is safe.


0 comments